Pablo Mendoza and aHockeyWorld.net
Once again we are so lucky to sit down with ultra experienced, Pablo Mendoza. We really appreciate his time knowing his extremely busy schedule and involvement with the growing sport of field hockey. If you haven't yet, check out our first article with Pablo on "How To Hit The Ball With Control Power, and Accuracy." Pablo is the founder of www.ahockeyworld.net which is one of the top field hockey blogs in the world with over 40,000 followers on social and several hundreds of thousand of youtube views. You can learn more about him in our previous blog mentioned above. Also, don't forget to check out our Field Hockey line of goals and barriers and make sure to read all the way to the bottom and catch Pablo's tutorial vid!
How To Do The Field Hockey Sweep
The sweep is a skill that is used in field hockey to either achieve long distance passing or take a shot at goal. At the top level, you will see that more and more often, the sweep has been replacing the hit as a passing technique, therefore, if you want to raise your level to high standards, you need to learn this skill!
- Both hands must go together on top of the grip with no space in between.
- The point of impact is on the flat side of the stick.
- The swing starts with the stick on the ground while we make a body rotation towards the ball.
- Both hands must go parallel to the ground and under the left knee while we sweep the ball.
- After we impact the ball, we need to continue the rotation in order to add extra power.
- In order to make a lifted sweep, which is perfect as a scoring skill, we need to turn the face of the stick just a little bit.
Once again, thanks Pablo Mendoza! We love having Pablo in with us teaching us about field hockey. Check out the goals featured in Pablo's pictures and videos here and stay tuned for more!